Analysts/Consultants in Wood/Forest Products - London
Pöyry is an international consulting and engineering company. We deliver smart solutions across power generation, transmission & distribution, forest industry, chemicals & biorefining, mining & metals, transportation and water. Pöyry's net sales in 2016 were EUR 530 million. The company's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki (POY1V). Approximately 5500 experts. 40 countries. 130 offices.
Pöyry Management Consulting provides leading-edge consulting and advisory services covering the whole value chain in energy, forestry and other process industries. Our energy practice is the leading provider of strategic, commercial, regulatory and policy advice to Europe's energy markets. Our energy team of 200 specialists, located across 12 European offices in 10 countries, offers unparalleled expertise in the rapidly changing energy sector.
We offer a challenging career path with the leading global forest industry consultants covering the entire forest industry supply chain from forest through to industry, end users and consumers. The successful candidates will work within a dynamic project-based environment focusing on delivering solutions to our global client base, and will be located in our London (Victoria) office.
This specific roles will work with the Wood Products team in London, delivering management consulting assignments across this part of the industry sector – forest products (wood-based panels or sawmilling/engineered wood, chemicals, surfacing materials, construction, furniture). The work can include strategic assessments, technical & operational analysis, financial analysis and market research.
We are looking for 2 highly motivated and talented individuals who will not only relish these opportunities but also will be able to make early contributions.
One role will be primarily market research project based and candidates should have some experience in market research, segmentation and analysis, ideally in the sector. The second role will be more focused on technical wood products analysis, including due diligence, engineering and mill costings. There will be undoubtedly some overlap between the roles however and you will work as part of a small team.
- Contribute to the complete project delivery process including analysis and synthesis of data, market and industry research, technology and management analysis, solution design, implementation planning and realisation. Successful candidates will also be involved in sales processes.
- Support the engagement manager and/or client relationship manager.
- Support knowledge management and in developing delivery solutions.
- Candidates must have at least one to two years’ working experience.
- With a background in business analysis and marketing or background in forest products.
- Industry experience and educated to a degree level.
- Fluency in English is essential and a second language is advantageous.
- Strong analytical, numerical, research and statistical skills (Excel and statistical tools).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility to travel and work abroad.
- Willingness to work in a variety of different roles and across sectors.
- EU citizen or have a valid UK work permit.
We offer you
- Challenging and exciting consulting work for one of the world's leading companies in the forestry and energy sector and the associated financial community.
- The prospect to develop as an industry expert and management consultant supported by a both structured training and mentoring.
- Employment with a responsible employer who fosters a dynamic environment to support the growth and development of the people working for our company.
- A global environment with a strong focus on the needs of our local clients.
- A collaborative, professional, innovative and responsible way of working with a desire to achieve the highest level of quality.
Pöyry Management Consulting offers a friendly working environment with a competitive salary, bonus scheme and excellent benefits. This is a local position offered with local terms and conditions used by Pöyry Management Consulting (UK) Ltd.
Please apply online by uploading a CV and supporting statement.