Business Analyst - New York
ÅF Pöyry is an international leader within engineering, design and advisory services. We create solutions to support our customers worldwide to act on sustainability as well as the global trends of urbanisation and digitalisation. We are more than 16,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for the next generation.
Bring your energy and talents to Pöyry Management Consulting North America as a Business Analyst in New York, NY. At Pöyry Management Consulting, we help asset-intensive manufacturing companies – pulp, packaging and tissue - make strategic business decisions that drive profitability, both in day-to- day operations and in long-term corporate strategy.
You could be working in any or all the following activities:
- Developing clients’ core business and market strategies
- Creating and analyzing industry cost competitiveness models
- Supporting due diligence and M&A processes.
What would my role involve?
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative information that drive rigorous business case analysis
- Building models and develop insights that support client strategic decisions
- Conducting structured analysis of industry supply curves and asset qualities
- Helping maintain and update Pöyry’s internal cost competitiveness databases that contain descriptions and details on every pulp, packaging, tissue and paper mill in the world
What skills and experience do I need ?
- Four-Year Engineering Degree (preferably in Biomaterials/ Pulp and Paper Science). A Master’s degree is an advantage
- The ability to communicate well is essential to the job: orally, written, and through clear charts and graphs.
- Fluency in English is required. Because of the global nature of our company and client projects, other languages are desired
- Previous exposure to process manufacturing, particularly in the paper, pulp, and packaging is a plus
- At least 1 year previous experience in process manufacturing is highly-desired, but not a requirement
- Strong computer skills are required, including: Excel, PowerPoint, and Visual Basic (for macros).
- The ability to locate accurate information through internet research is also necessary.
- SQL experience is desired but not a requirement
- Must have the right to live and work in the USA
What can we give you?
Pöyry Management Consulting offers you the unique opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging and stimulating consulting environment, where you will work for the world’s leading companies in the paper, pulp and packaging
- Work with globally recognized experts in the areas of market strategies, price forecasting, economic cost modeling, and operational excellence
- Be employed with a responsible, environmentally conscious company which fosters a dynamic atmosphere to support the growth and development of our team members
- Develop as an emerging management consulting expert sought out by global clients
- Excel based on how quickly you develop your management consulting skills
- We will also offer you great benefits