Cable Tray Designer - Montreal
ÃF Pöyry is an international leader within engineering, design and advisory services. We create solutions to support our customers worldwide to act on sustainability as well as the global trends of urbanisation and digitalisation. We are more than 16,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for the next generation.
The Electrical Designer will generally be working with minimal supervision and must be capable of independently obtaining sufficient information to develop industrial electrical design construction drawings per POYRY standards and the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
Candidate must possess a strong working background in the following areas of electrical design:
1. Design and layout of cable tray layout drawings for power, control and instrumentation wiring for industrial sectors such as Pulp & Paper Mills, Waste Water Treatment, Power Generation.
2. Design and layout of raceway and conduit drawings for power, control and instrumentation wiring for industrial sectors such as Pulp & Paper Mills, Waste Water Treatment, Power Generation.
3. Cable tray loading reports, installation methods of cable trays, grounding of cable trays.
4. Conduit loading, installation methods of conduits, grounding and connection of conduits.
5. Selecting type of cable trays, raceways and conduits for the project specific application.
6. Distribution and control of alternating current electrical voltage classes from 120 volts to 15,000 volts.
7. Distribution and wiring of direct current instrumentation circuitry ( Digital & Analog signals) and 120 volt controls.
8. Electrical lists such as cable lists, motor lists, service lists.
9. Design and layout of underground conduits.
10. Design and layout of grounding systems.
11. Determine medium and low voltage feeder cable sizing ampacities based on calculation of allowable conduit fills, cable tray fills, de-rating factors and voltage drop as per the Canadian Electrical Code.
12. Develop physical layout drawings of electrical rooms, transformer rooms, outdoor substations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. 10 years or more experience in cable tray design and working for Consulting Engineering firm.
2. Experience working at job sites to supervise the installation of cable tray systems and electrical equipment.
3. Solid working knowledge of AUTOCAD 2D & AUTOCAD PLANT 3D modelling using are essential.
4. Microsoft Office Tools.
5. Solid understanding of industrial electrical distribution equipment and materials .
6. Understanding and comprehensive working knowledge of the current Canadian Electrical Code, particular the sections relating to Wire and Cable, Raceway & Conduit Systems, Grounding, Motors and Motor Controls.
7. Knowledge of electrical heat tracing and lighting design would be an asset.
8. Bilingual ( French & English ).