12 Jul 2018
#PowerOfDigital – Redesigning the Energy Business, 2 October 2018
Digitalisation brings together new types of data, analytics and automation that revolutionise businesses.
In energy, the changes are more far-reaching than in other sectors. Digitalisation allows companies to renew their relationship with customers, moving away from being pure commodity selling entities to becoming providers of bundled services. The potential goes beyond the existing industry: the digitalisation of the power system is necessary to manage the growing shares of renewables, electrify heating and transport - and more generally decarbonise the economy.
#PowerOfDigital will trigger a deep debate on the future of our energy systems. Presenting the exciting advances allowing for more efficient business operations, bringing the key players under the spotlight and showing the audacity of the new business models aimed at mitigating climate change, the event sounds most promising! Hosted in Berlin on 2 October 2018, the event will conclude with a competition in which only the most successful business model will survive.
The event will be hosted by Pöyry and will see contributions from:
- Stefan Kapferer, Chairman of the General Executive Management Board, BDEW
- Kristian Ruby, Secretary General, Eurelectric
- Laszlo Varro, Chief Economist, IEA
- Tomas Blazquez, Head Digital Hub, Enel X
- Thomas Bibette, Benelux Director, DCbrain
- Thomas Birr, Chief Futurist and SVP for Innovation & Business Transformation, Innogy SE
- Marten Bunnemann, CEO, Avacon
- Francisco Carranza, Managing Director, Energy Services, Nissan Europe
- Simon Koopmann, Founder and CEO, envelio
- Philipp Richard, Team Leader, Energy Systems and Digitalisation, dena (German Energy Agency GmbH)
- Sebnem Rusitschka, Founding Researcher, Freeelio, and Founding Member, German Blockchain Association
- Laurent Schmitt, Secretary General, ENTSO-E
- Pamela Taylor, Non-Executive Director in the UK Energy Sector, and Executive Coach, Taylor Macpherson
- Ana Trbovic, Council Member, Energy Web Foundation, and Co-Founder, Grid Singularity
- Zoisa Walton, Director, Octopus Energy Business Solutions
- Stephen Woodhouse, Chief Digital Officer, Pöyry
...and many other high calibre speakers and panellists from the energy industry and beyond.
Tickets and further details are available now.
Did you know?
Pöyry has designed electricity and gas market arrangements in over 20 countries spanning Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Pöyry is an international consulting and engineering company. We serve clients across power generation, transmission & distribution, forest industry, biorefining & chemicals, mining & metals, infrastructure and water & environment. Together, we deliver smart solutions and work with the latest digital innovations. Pöyry's net sales in 2017 were EUR 522 million. The company's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki. Approximately 5500 experts. 40 countries. 115 offices.