Pöyry is one of Europe's leading independent engineering consultants in the nuclear sector and its experience goes back more than 40 years. Today, more than 350 staff provides consulting and engineering services out of the five nuclear energy competence centres of the company located in UK, Hungary, Finland, Germany, and Switzerland.
Our clients for nuclear energy services include Developers, Owners, Vendors, Contractors, Regulators and Financial Institutions. Pöyry has an established reputation for providing an independent, comprehensive and flexible, value for money service that works in the best interest of the client without compromise.
Pöyry Energy, the UK based part of Pöyry’s Energy Business, has provided nuclear consultancy in the UK and overseas for over 30 years. Our experience covers:
- UK, Switzerland, Finland, Slovakia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Japan, Hungary, South Africa.
- Nuclear New Build (Nuclear Site Licensing and production of Pre-Construction Safety Report).
- Utilities, vendors & regulators.
- Power reactors, research reactors, fuel cycle & waste management facilities, research facilities, radioactive waste repositories.
- PWR, BWR, VVER, Gas cooled.
- Lifecycle, Plant Upgrades/Power Uprates, Life Extension, Decommissioning.
We have 40+ staff in safety and licensing supported by technical experts in various engineering disciplines. We also have an established supply chain to cover other specialist areas.
Our competences include:
- Safety case production, review and update,
- Nuclear Site Licensing,
- Safety Management & Organisational Development, ALARP Assessments,
- Radiological Protection,
- Spent Fuel & Radioactive Waste Management,
- Probabilistic and Deterministic Safety Assessment,
- Safety Assessment Reports (production & independent review).
In addition to our safety team, we have an engineering design and substantiation team, specialising in nuclear HVAC design and review.